Lorca Mission 2011
On 11 May 2011, this town suffered an earthquake of magnitude 5.1 at 6.47 pm, preceded by a seismic movement of 4.5, as confirmed by the Government Office in Lorca. The Government Representative, Rafael González Tovar, confirmed that the death toll was 8, another 2 people had serious injuries and the number of wounded was 50.
On 13 May 2011, we received a request from EMAT Lieutenant Colonel Félix Conde, for additional medical staff from SAMU to assist the victims of the earthquake that affected the town of Lorca on 11 May 2011.
SAMU responded to the request by sending 5 nurses and a doctor on the UECAH (Emergency, Disaster and Humanitarian Aid Master’s Degree programme). This staff was supervised by the Lieutenan Colonel, under the watchful eye of the Advanced Medical Unit, on 13 May and remained on the site until 20 May 2011.
The mission’s main objective was as follows:
- Provide support to the Advanced Medical Unit with stabilisation elements in Lorca following the earthquake of 11 May, with medical professionals from the UECAH Master’s Degree programme.
Date of the mission
- Name of the mission: Operation LORCA 5-11.
- Collaborating organisations:
- SAMU Foundation.
- Country: Spain.
- Departure date: 13 May 2011.
- Return date: 20 May 2011.
- Population attended: the inhabitants of Lorca.
- Number of contingents: 1.
- Number of people from SAMU taking part: 6.
- Paola Mora.
- Carolina Ramallo.
- Marta Martínez.
- Aída Martín.
- Enrique Delgado.
- David Ortiz.
- Total number of participants: 6.
- Number of interventions: 160.
En estos momentos no hay vídeos relacionados.